Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cupid is my BFF

Since I have been a stay at home mom for the past 10 weeks, I have to tried to connect my inner Suzie-Homemaker (what was left of her after taking care of a newborn for a month or so).  Now that my baby is a little more predictable, we have a chance to get out more.  I have become mildly crafty and have been searching for new recipes to convince my husband to try.  Of course, I am forced to shop some in this spare time too.  My husband says I can never stay at home full time because I have more time to spend money:)  I decided to fully embrace all of these new traits on Valentine's day.

I know its way cooler to pretend like you don't care about this Hallmark holiday, but if I am being honest, I do care.  So I went all out.  Problem is, I had to find a way to go all out at home since babies are not always the most welcomed guests at fancy restaurants.  Both of us have been a little home sick since it is so easy to have our families' help, so I decided to make it a Kentucky night at our house.  We had burgoo and hot browns.  The links to the recipes are below.

Crockpot Burgoo

Hot Brown

Carver and I also spent the morning making Valentines for our families.  He hated the finger paint, so being mother-of-the-year (please insert sarcasm), I waited for him to be asleep and applied it to his hands.  You won't judge me so much after you see how cute they were...




Pinterest is my new obsession.  Found the ideas for those there.  I finished day by making dessert for the hubs.  Chocolate covered strawberries are a staple for v-day if you ask me.   And for those sceptics out there, he did a great job surprising me too.  He came home from work early (to find a messy house, an unshowered wife and a baby still in PJs at 2:00 since we weren't done with all our projects yet) and brought me my favorite candy and some jewelry from him and my new baby boy.  I'm a lucky girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment