Friday, April 15, 2011

Home is where the heart is

Roadtrip!  The hubby and I traveled to Lexington today, which leads me to my next recipe.  The perfect food for a road trip:

Sweet and Sassy Snack Mix
6 cups of corn Chex
2 cups of pretzels
1 cup of Cheezits
1 cup of peanuts
1 stick of butter'
3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Put the first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Melt the butter in a saucepan and add brown sugar and pepper.  Bring to a boil for one minute.  Pour the syrup over the dry mix.  Spread on a large baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, stir, then bake for another 8 minutes. Stir and cool then gobble it up!!

Now... a quick preview... currently, myself and my inspiration (better known as my momma) are baking chocolate chip cookies for a cookout tomorrow night and a bourbon cake for our tailgate to Keeneland tomorrow.  It's the most wonderful time of the year!  And that means, look out for a new recipe Sunday.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment