Monday, October 24, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Diaper Cakes... Oh My!

Baby Carver is less than 2 months away from making his big debut and boy has he been keeping me busy already.  In the midst of getting the nursery ready (jungle themed as is the title of this post) and taking baby classes, I have been fortunate enough to have wonderful friends and family who have been gracious enough to throw me baby showers.  As you know from reading this blog in the past, I moved to Indy from Lexington and my husband's family is in Louisville, so I was lucky enough to have a shower in each location.  I do intend to share a recipe at the end of this, but first, a few pics from each shower:)

First stop, Lexington, September 24.  This shower was thrown by my matrons of honor... yes I had 3 and it was my wedding so I don't even have to justify it.  They certainly went all out and transformed Ms. Elliott's (Dana's mom) backyard into a little piece of fall heaven complete with pumpkin cake balls and Carver's very own personalized pumpkin (you know how I feel about a good monogram).  I posted a couple of pics below, but my creative blogging BFF has posted more on her blog at http://piecesofthepeddicords.blogspot.com/2011/09/baby-pumpkin-patch.html.



Second stop, Louisville, October 8.  This was a huge shower thrown by my lovely sister-in-law and Matt's aunt RoJeanna.  Successfully transforming my mother-in-law's backyard into a autumn garden party, we all enjoyed decaf tea (thanks for that!) and fabulous salads while we played a hilarious game of pictionary to include terms such as "kangaroo time" and "after birth".  The cake pictured below was made by a friend of ours, Ms. Kendra, who spent some time working in a bakery in Alabama in a recent past life, which explains the adorable design (it tasted fabulous too... chocolate cake with cream cheese buttercream icing... three layers).




Thirds and final stop, Indianapolis, October 16.  This shower was thrown by my three Midwestern BFFs.  We have become shower champs over the past few years, what with three weddings (one upcoming) and three babies, soon to be four:)  They really played up the jungle theme with the adorable cupcakes (courtesy of one of our favorite local bakeries) and potted plants for all of the guests to take home.  We spent Sunday afternoon enjoying each others' company and some fabulous blueberry yogurt covered pretzels.



I am so blessed to have these lovely ladies in my life to get ready for the arrival of our little pumpkin.  Speaking of pumpkins, one of the desserts that wasn't pictured about was the pumpkin trifle that the girls at the Lexington Shower served.  It is a pretty healthy recipe that they found on another blog called thedashingdish.com.  Lots of yummy healthier recipes which are great for me since I was also diagnosed with gestational diabetes several weeks ago.  But don't worry, it has not stopped me from cooking or enjoying foods that I am craving.  A little change in diet and some short walks throughout the day and I am good to go!  Instead of recreating the wheel, just click on the link below and enjoy!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment